2021 Summer Newsletter is here
For more details on all news items follow this link.
- Covid-secure CRC walks – see News for latest guidance
- Still a few rooms available on the Club’s coach & Hotel trip to Scarborough now running 15-17 October 2021. See News
- Hawes, Yorkshire Dales – a week’s walking now booked for Friday 15th to Friday 22nd July 2022 – see News
- Conwy Bank Holiday weekend trip – Friday 29th April to Monday May 2nd 2022. See News
- Budget trip to Masham, North Yorkshire – Friday 6th to Friday 13th August 2021 – see News
- Club Lakes’ week confirmed for Saturday 11th to 18th September 2021, once again based in Keswick. See News
- Budget trip to Dartmouth, south Devon, organised for Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th June 2022 – see News
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
The Club has booked a number of self-catering properties in Hawes, Yorkshire Dales, for the week Friday 15th to Friday 22nd July 2022. The walking opportunities on the doorstep are wonderful! Hawes itself is a busy village with good shops and pubs/restaurants. The cost is £250 per person. Please pay a deposit of £50 to Jill to secure a place (bank transfer preferred), with the balance due 20th April 2022 – somewhat earlier than usual.
There are still some rooms available to book on the Club’s coach and hotel trip to the Red Lea Hotel in Scarborough, north Yorkshire over the weekend Friday 15th to Sunday 17th October 2021. See www.theredlea.co.uk The hotel is situated on the South Cliff, with striking views over South Bay and it has a heated indoor swimming pool. There is one double and one twin room available at a cost of £215 per person; single occupancy is possible but is more expensive at £300 per person. Please contact Sally if interested.
The Club has booked 4 self-catering houses in Dartmouth, on the south Devon coast, for the week Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th June 2022. As well as some excellent coastal walking along the scenic South West Coast Path, there are also opportunities to explore the Dart Valley. Hopefully we can arrange some local transport to assist us with linear walks. Unless people request a shared room, bookings for single people are being taken for sole occupancy. The cost is £250 for the week, with an initial deposit of £50 payable. Please book with Jill – and also let her know if you book independently.