2021 Summer Newsletter is here
For more details on all news items follow this link.
- Covid-secure CRC walks – see News for latest guidance
- Room available at Tunbridge Wells for Club budget trip Friday 29th to Sunday 31st October
- Sad news – Simon Watkins
- New Lakes Week co-ordinator – Bob. See News for more details.
- Booking open for Club coach & hotel trip to Brecon, Friday 25th to Sunday 27th March 2022. See News
- Budget weekend trip to the Premier Inn, Chipping Norton, Cotswolds, Friday 4th to Sunday 6th March 2022. See News
- Hawes, Yorkshire Dales – a week’s walking now booked for Friday 15th to Friday 22nd July 2022 – see News
- Conwy Bank Holiday weekend trip – Friday 29th April to Monday 2nd May 2022. See News
- Budget trip to Dartmouth, south Devon, organised for Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th June 2022 – see News
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
Due to a late cancellation there is a double room available at the Premier Inn in central Tunbridge Wells over the last weekend in October (2 nights). A half day walk is planned on the Friday, with day walks on both Saturday and Sunday starting from Tunbridge Wells town. Please contact Jill if you are interested – no need to come on any walks, of course! Email email@example.com
The Club’s trip to Royal Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/Sussex border is over the autumn weekend Friday 29th to Sunday 31st October 2021. There is a new Premier Inn close to the centre of the town offering good rates of you book now! Please book yourself in and let Jill know. Jill knows the area well and will be leading A walks.
This year’s CRC trip to the Lake District attracted 37 participants – an all-time high! With good weather, a wide range of walks led by Club members and excellent organisation on the part of our Lakes’ week co-ordinator, Susan, the week sped by. The chief challenge came from the difficulties of booking evening meals in an extremely busy Keswick!
Susan is standing down and the Club is very grateful to Bob for taking over the co-ordinator’s role. The 2022 CRC trip will again be returning to Keswick for the week Saturday 10th to Saturday 17th September. Please let Bob know if you are coming – and also if you have ideas for walks. This year we made use of the good local bus services to enable several linear walks to take place.
Please contact Bob on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.