For more details on all news items follow this link.
The 2020 Winter Spring Programme and Newsletter are now available.
- Brecon coach & hotel weekend Friday 27th to Sunday 29th March 2020 – a choice of single, double and twin rooms still available – see News
- Alzheimers Research UK seeks volunteers to help with a sponsored walk on 3rd May 2020 – see News
- Sad news – Beryl Smart, Dorrie Jones and Eric Chardin. See News
- Budget weekend Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th October 2020 at East Grinstead, Sussex Downs & Ashdown Forest. See News
- 15% discount on full price purchases from the Cambridge Ellis Brigham store – see News
- Kettlewell, Wharfedale Yorkshire – walking week Friday 7th to 14th August 2020. Booking now open – see News
- A week’s walking on the Ceredigion coast path in Wales, Friday 5th to 12th June 2020, based Aberystwyth. See News
- Stratford upon Avon budget weekend Friday 6th to Sunday 8th March 2020, based at Premier Inn Central. See News
- Conwy is the base for an early May weekend trip in 2020 – Friday 1st to Monday 4th (3 nights). Now full – see News
- Lakes’ week in 2020 – based once again in Keswick, Saturday 12th to 19th September
- Coach & hotel weekend in Scarborough. Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th October 2020. Booking now open – see News
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
Alzheimers Research UK (ARUK) is organising a sponsored 21-mile walk on Sunday 3rd May and has asked for help:
The ARUK Explorer hike is coming to Cambridge!
Hundreds of people will walk 21 miles of Cambridge’s vibrant city and idyllic Fen countryside on this flat and picturesque route.
Some of your members may already have signed up to take part in the event, but others may want to be involved because they love walking or running, like meeting new people and/or because they have personal experience of Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of dementia and want to help in some way. If so, we’d love to have them volunteer with us to help make this new event a success!
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/volunteering/event-volunteer
We are returning to Stratford upon Avon in March 2020 for a week’s walking in the northern Cotswolds. With a base at the Premier Inn Central (or similar – bookings are up to you), the plan is to use a local bus on Saturday to access the Avon Way from Alcester. On Sunday we propose to walk from NT Hidcote Manor. Hopefully we can fit in a visit to the famous RSC Theatre as well. Please book your own accommodation and let Jill know.
Long-term members of the Club will be very sad to learn that Beryl Fuller died on 12th January. For many years Beryl was a very keen walker, both locally and also on our trips away. The funeral will be at 2.00pm on Monday 27th January at Coton Church, in the village where Beryl lived for many years.