For more details on all news items follow this link.
The 2019 Summer Programme and Newsletter are now available.
- Club summer coach outing to Wells next the Sea on Sunday June 23rd. Please support us!, See News
- A week’s walking based in Whitby, North Yorkshire, Friday 9th to Friday 16th August 2019. One female share place available- see News
- A long weekend in Southwold, Suffolk, Friday 7th to Monday 10th February 2020 – see New
- Stratford upon Avon budget weekend Friday 6th to Sunday 8th March 2020, based at Premier Inn Central. See News
- Cheltenham base selected for budget weekend trip to the Cotswolds, Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd November 2019 – see News for booking options
- Conwy is the base for the 1st Spring Bank Holiday weekend trip in 2020 – Friday 1st to Monday 4th (3 nights). See News for details
- Parking charge of £3.00 introduced at Magog Down car park – see News
- Listen again to Club members Jenny and Alan talk about walking on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Great Outdoors programme on Sunday 29th July. See News for the link.
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
The Club is returning to Conwy, a beautiful walled town on the north Wales coast, in Spring 2020 for a long weekend over the first spring Bank holiday. There are no large holiday cottages, so we are staying in several small properties. The cost for a shared room is £90 – but single occupancy of a double may incur a supplement, depending on just how many people book. The walking opportunities are wonderful, ranging from the coast, nearby Conwy Mountain, to Snowdonia. There are also lots of opportunities if the weather fails to co-operate! A deposit of £30 per head will secure a place, with the balance due 1st March 2020. B walks’ leader sought. Bookings to Jill – and if you want to pay by bank transfer, please contact Jill.
We are returning to Stratford upon Avon in March 2020 for a week’s walking in the northern Cotswolds. With a base at the Premier Inn Central (or similar – bookings are up to you), the plan is to use a local bus on Saturday to access the Avon Way from Alcester. On Sunday we propose to walk from NT Hidcote Manor. Hopefully we can fit in a visit to the famous RSC Theatre as well. Please book your own accommodation and let Jill know.
The Club has booked two properties in central Whitby, on the north Yorkshire coast, for the week Friday 9th to Friday 16th August 2019 at a cost of £195 per person for the week. We are asking for a deposit of £60 payable on reservation, with the balance payable in early June. The accommodation is of very high quality and close to the coast. The local walking is great and very varied; the coast path (part of the Cleveland Way), provides at least two days walking and the north York moors are on our doorstep. There is ONE female share place available due to a cancellation; please call Jill if interested. Whitby can be accessed by public transport from Cambridge.