2021 Summer Newsletter is here
For more details on all news items follow this link.
- Covid-secure CRC walks – see News for latest guidance
- A warming drink whilst you exercise outdoors – see News
- Budget trip to Tunbridge Wells – now postponed to Friday 29th to Sunday 31st October 2021 – see News
- Club coach & Hotel trip to Scarborough now running 15-17 October 2021. See News
- Information on permissive paths in and around Cambridge – check out News
- A week’s walking on the Ceredigion coast path in Wales, 11th – 18th June 2021
- Conwy Bank Holiday weekend trip – Friday 30th April to Monday 3rd May 2021 to be postponed to Friday 29th April to Monday May 2nd 2022. See News
- Budget trip to Masham, North Yorkshire – Friday 6th to Friday 13th August 2021 – see News
- Club Lakes’ week confirmed for Saturday 11th to 18th September 2021, once again based in Keswick. See News
- Budget trip to Dartmouth, south Devon, organised for Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th 2022 – see News
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
The Club has booked 3 self-catering houses in Dartmouth, on the south Devon coast, for the week Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th June 2022. As well as some excellent coastal walking along the scenic South West Coast Path, there are also opportunities to explore the Dart Valley. Hopefully we can arrange some local transport to assist us with linear walks. Unless people request a shared room, bookings for single people are being taken for sole occupancy. The cost is £250 for the week, with an initial deposit of £50 payable. Please book with Jill – and also let her know if you book independently.
The Club has booked 3 self-catering houses in Masham, in the glorious north Yorkshire Dales for the week Friday 6th to Friday 13th August 2021. All places have now been taken – but please contact Jill if you want to go on a ‘reserve’ list or if you have booked your own accommodation. For those who have already booked with Jill, please note that the balance of £200 is due by the 1st June.
The Government’s ‘roadmap’ for moving out of England’s Covid-19 restrictions allows socially-distanced groups of up to 30 people to meet outdoors from Monday May 17th. This reduces the paperwork required when planning an organised CRC walk- and we hope this will encourage more people to lead. Leaders will no longer need to complete and retain a written ‘risk assessment’ – the only exception relates to walks with more than 30 participants! In this case organised walks will still have to adhere to the regulations that Sport England have developed for outdoor recreational activities.
The guidance for organising official CRC walks of 30 or fewer people requires us to take the following steps:
- Everyone taking part in a walk should familiarise themselves with the Club’s advice on ‘Taking part in a Covid-secure walk’, as posted on the Members’ section of the website
- It is necessary to book in advance with the leader; the leader must retain contact details for 21 days of everyone taking part for NHS ‘Test & Trace’ purposes
- Social-distancing must be observed before, during and after the walk
- Please try and avoid particularly busy areas; leaders are recommended to carry out a ‘recce’ in advance.
Leaders can set the maximum number of people they are willing to lead and may like to sound out people to help as mid and/or back markers.
For the foreseeable future the Club will not be publishing a 4-month printed Programme, but will be posting walk details on the website. The situation will be reviewed during the summer; it may be possible to plan further ahead by the autumn.