For more details on all news items follow this link.
The 2020 Winter Spring Programme and Newsletter are now available.
- CORONAVIRUS – ALL CRC ACTIVITIES CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE – see NEWS
- 2020 Brecon Coach & Hotel trip cancelled – postponed to 2021; see News
- Alzheimers Research UK seeks volunteers to help with a sponsored walk on 3rd May 2020 – see News
- Summer coach outing to Southwold area, Suffolk – Sunday 28th June 2020. For details see News
- Sad news – Beryl Smart, Dorrie Jones and Eric Chardin. See News
- Budget weekend Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th October 2020 at East Grinstead, Sussex Downs & Ashdown Forest. See News
- 15% discount on full price purchases from the Cambridge Ellis Brigham store – see News
- Kettlewell, Wharfedale Yorkshire – walking week Friday 7th to 14th August 2020. Booking now open – see News
- A week’s walking on the Ceredigion coast path in Wales, Friday 5th to 12th June 2020, based Aberystwyth. See News
- Conwy trip in May 2020 cancelled – hoping to postpone to first Spring BH weekend 2021. More news later
- Lakes’ week in 2020 – based once again in Keswick, Saturday 12th to 19th September
- Coach & hotel weekend in Scarborough. Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th October 2020. Fo booking details – see News
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
Following the Government’s advice today, 16th March, we are cancelling all Club walks for the foreseeable future. The advice states that everyone should avoid non-essential social contact and unnecessary travel. We must act responsibly.
People aged 70 and over and others with particular health conditions are judged to be particularly vulnerable and are advised to avoid all but essential contact. Consequently all official Club walks will cease until further notice.
We are very aware of the value that outdoor exercise has and also know that there are many important friendships amongst Club members. Individuals can still walk in the countryside.
The Club’s planned trips in May and June will be cancelled; we are contacting the agencies and owners of the accommodation we have booked to see if we can shift the trips in to 2021. At present we have paid the full price on our Conwy bookings but only deposits on Aberystwyth accommodation. We will be contacting everyone who has booked with the Club when we have an update.
Following some lengthy deliberation, the Club’s Committee has decided to cancel the forthcoming coach/hotel trip to Brecon. We know that this will disappoint many of you, but we have a duty of care to everyone booked to come. The good news is that we have arranged with the hotel to postpone our visit to Spring 2021; we will be letting everyone know the details ASAP. And we are able to refund the trip payments made in full; Barry will be contacting everyone booked regarding this.
The 2020 Summer Coach Outing will be to the Southwold area on the Suffolk coast on Sunday 28th June. As usual, there will be 3 walks A, B and C available – if we have leaders. Please offer if you can help. To book, please either send a cheque for £14, made payable to Cambridge Rambling Club, to Caroline (address on your Walks’ Programme), or pay by bank transfer. Just contact Caroline for details of the Club’s bank account. The pick-up is likely to be Milton Park & Ride site; final details will be provided closer to the trip.