For other news items follow this link.
- NEW! Autumn Newsletter and Programme now available (click the underlined text)
- Update on discount shopping for CRC members – see News
- Bookings now open for Spring 2016 Club coach weekend to Dovedale – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March. See News section
- North Cornwall coast path week: Friday 10th to Friday 17th June 2016. See ‘News’
- ‘Budget’ weekend at Arundel Fontwell Park Travelodge – Friday 8th to Sunday 10th April – see News section for bookings
- Spring hostel trip to Snowdonia, north Wales. Exclusive use of Lledr House Hostel, from Thursday 5th to Monday 9th May 2016, (4 nights). See News section
- September 2015 Lakes week – now full! See News section
- Dates announced for Spring 2016 coach weekend – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March at Peveril of the Peak Hotel, Dovedale
- Two new hostel weekend trips now booked: Thurlby, Lincs in November 2015 & Sheringham, Norfolk in February 2016 – see below
- Budget weekend at Dorking, North Downs 16th – 18th October 2015 (Dorking Travelodge)
- Summer 2015 – budget trip to Currer Laithe Farm, near Keighley and Haworth, Yorkshire
We have had to change the venue for parking our cars over the weekend. This will now be at the Station Garage, Wilbraham Road, Fulbourn CB21 5ET (near the level crossing). The garage has a large forecourt we can use. The cost will be £10 per car for the weekend payable by 22nd September. Please send a cheque made out to Cambridge Rambling Club, with details of the car being parked (make, model & registration number) and send to Meg (see Programme card for address). We will be leaving at 10.00am, so please arrive in good time. Anyone requiring a lift to Fulbourn should contact Meg.
We have approached a couple of relatively new outdoor gear retailers in Cambridge about offering discounts to CRC members. ‘Trespass’, which is located in the Grafton Centre, has agreed to offer a 10% discount on all full-price items and possibly some ‘sale’ goods’ – you will need to show your membership card at the till. We have not yet had a response from the ‘North Face/Ellis Brigham’ store in the Grand Arcade.
Cotswold Outdoor (in Bridge Street, Cambridge) have confirmed that Club members can continue to receive a 15% discount on full price goods for the next year.
‘Open Air’ in Green Street and the ‘Mountain Warehouse’ in Bridge Street continue to offer CRC members a 10% discount on full-price goods.
Final details are now available and this coach weekend is now open for booking. The Peveril of the Peak Hotel is part of the HF group. A mix of twin, double and single en-suite rooms have been reserved for our 2016 Spring weekend. More details of the hotel can be viewed on this link:
The Peveril of the Peak occupies a wonderfully peaceful location in the village of Thorpe, and is surrounded by the rolling countryside of the Derbyshire Dales. One of the natural wonders of the Peak District, the spectacular limestone valley of Dove Dale is less than 1 mile from the hotel.
The Cambridge News is promoting the annual ‘Bridge the Gap’ charity walk which provides participants with the opportunity to explore many Cambridge Colleges – and all for excellent local causes! This well-loved event invites you to join in and raise as much money as possible for the Arthur Rank Hospice and Press Relief, two charities directly benefiting our local community. The 2015 event will start on Parker’s Piece, right in the heart of the city centre. Prices are: • Adults £18 each until 1pm on Friday 11th September and £20 on the day • Up to a maximum of four children per adult go FREE • Every penny raised from the registration fee goes straight to charity but you can also help support the charities through sponsorship or donations. For more information go to bridgethegapwalk.org .