For other news items follow this link.
- Summer programme and newsletter now online, also Etiquette for walkers!
- Booking details for Summer coach outing to Hunstanton, Sunday 28th June
- Dates announced for Spring 2016 coach weekend – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March at Peveril of the Peak Hotel, Dovedale
- Two new hostel weekend trips now booked: Thurlby, Lincs in November 2015 & Sheringham, Norfolk in February 2016 – see below
- Sourcing Overshoes ; useful strong disposable overshoes available at a reasonable price from Amazon
- Budget weekend at Dorking, North Downs 16th – 18th October 2015 (Dorking Travelodge)
- Walking opportunities from Wicken Fen – also the new 36m ‘Rothschild Way’ opens
- Cornish coast path trip June 2015
- Summer 2015 – budget trip to Currer Laithe Farm, near Keighley and Haworth, Yorkshire
This weekend has been booked for the dates Friday 18th – Sunday 20th March 2016 (2 nights) at the Peveril of the Peak Hotel, Dovedale, Derbyshire. Further details, including costs and payment dates, will be published on the website as soon as known and will also be in the next newsletter.
CRC members who have gone on ‘Ramblers Worldwide Holidays’ between 2012 and spring 2015 have earned the Club £1,260 – the second highest payment to any group in the country. The money has been invested in a number of projects, including increased publicity as well as practical schemes to improve our local rights of way. These include:
* two gates to replace stiles/fences in Toft
* a new gate into a community woodland at Cottenham, creating a circular walk in the village
Alzheimer’s Research UK is a national charity with its HQ on the Granta Park at Great Abington. It requested help from our fellow walkers in the Cambridge Group of the Ramblers Association to select suitable routes for a sponsored walk. The chosen routes of either 10 or 3 miles start from Linton Village College at 10.00am on Sunday 12th July. Walkers can sign up here: http://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/event/defeat-dementia-walk/
The Club has booked sole occupancy in HF’s charming ancient Country House situated in this picturesque and popular north Cotswolds village, which is one of a delightful collection of towns and villages that make the Cotswolds justly famous. There are stunning walks for all abilities right on the doorstep and further afield, including the ‘chocolate box’ villages of Upper and Lower Slaughter, following the Windrush Valley, Stow-on-the-Wold, Sherborne and fantastic panoramic views from the hills and ridgetops near Broadway and Chipping Camden. We plan to provide 3 walks each day as well as a walk on arrival on Friday afternoon.
All places have now been booked, but if you would like to be on a cancellation waiting list please contact Meg. For those who have already booked, please pay the balance due by 1st August. (For Meg’s address, please see your CRC Programme).