For other news items follow this link.
- Spring 2016 Club coach weekend to Dovedale – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March. See News section
- North Cornwall coast path week: Friday 10th to Friday 17th June 2016. See ‘News’
- ‘Budget’ weekend at Arundel Fontwell Park Travelodge – Friday 8th to Sunday 10th April – see News section for bookings
- Spring hostel trip to Snowdonia, north Wales. Exclusive use of Lledr House Hostel, from Thursday 5th to Monday 9th May 2016, (4 nights). See News section
- September 2015 Lakes week – now full! See News section
- Summer programme and newsletter now online, also Etiquette for walkers!
- Booking details for Summer coach outing to Hunstanton, Sunday 28th June
- Dates announced for Spring 2016 coach weekend – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March at Peveril of the Peak Hotel, Dovedale
- Two new hostel weekend trips now booked: Thurlby, Lincs in November 2015 & Sheringham, Norfolk in February 2016 – see below
- Budget weekend at Dorking, North Downs 16th – 18th October 2015 (Dorking Travelodge)
- Summer 2015 – budget trip to Currer Laithe Farm, near Keighley and Haworth, Yorkshire
The Cambridge News is promoting the annual ‘Bridge the Gap’ charity walk which provides participants with the opportunity to explore many Cambridge Colleges – and all for excellent local causes! This well-loved event invites you to join in and raise as much money as possible for the Arthur Rank Hospice and Press Relief, two charities directly benefiting our local community. The 2015 event will start on Parker’s Piece, right in the heart of the city centre. Prices are: • Adults £18 each until 1pm on Friday 11th September and £20 on the day • Up to a maximum of four children per adult go FREE • Every penny raised from the registration fee goes straight to charity but you can also help support the charities through sponsorship or donations. For more information go to bridgethegapwalk.org .
The Club is still waiting for final details from HF for this weekend. Please keep an eye on the website as the details should be available in August for bookings to be taken in September. The price looks likely to be the same as the Bourton on the Water weekend in October with a deposit of £75 to secure a place.
Help raise funds for Balsham Church Community Room and the Balsham 1617 Map Project by walking the boundary of the parish on Sunday 6th September. There is a choice of 4, 10 or 12.5 mile routes, including access to several private paths which are open to walkers for one day only. These include routes close to Worsted Lodge and alongside Balsham wood. The walks all start from 10.00am at the central Church Institute and refreshments are available. Please register at www.balshammap.net or on the day. Sponsorship forms available.
We plan to walk most of the north Cornish coast path between Tintagel and St Ives in June 2016, (Friday 10th to Friday 17th), using a large, well-equipped self-catering 10-bedroom house on the edge of Newquay as our base. ‘Gannel View’ is on the Pentire headland to the west of the town, about a mile from the bus station. We will supplement some use of public buses and trains with privately-hired transport, as this has proved to be very flexible in the past two years. Sleeping up to 22, most of the rooms are ensuite twin shares, with a few doubles and a couple of bunks; initially we will be taking bookings from people willing to share rooms. See www.gannelview.co.uk for details of the house. The accommodation cost for someone sharing a room is likely to be £160 for the week – excellent value! Private coach costs are likely to be around £75 for the week. Travel to Newquay can be by train or air; currently there are flights from Stansted and Gatwick daily. We have paid a 25% deposit on the accommodation already, so if you would like to book please send Jill a cheque for £40 to secure a place.