For other news items follow this link.
- Budget weekend at Dorking, North Downs 16th – 18th October 2015 (Dorking Travelodge) – please book yourself in if you wish to join us
- Lakes trip 2016 – 9th – 16th September. See ‘News’
- CRC funds new gate to replace a stile in Coton. See ‘News’
- Pitlochry, Perthshire – budget trip August 15th to 22nd 2016 – see News
- NEW! Autumn Newsletter and Programme now available (click the underlined text)
- Update on discount shopping for CRC members – see News
- Limited places still available for Spring 2016 Club coach weekend to Dovedale – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th March. See News section
- North Cornwall coast path week: Friday 10th to Friday 17th June 2016. See ‘News’
- ‘Budget’ weekend at Arundel Fontwell Park Travelodge – Friday 8th to Sunday 10th April – see News section for bookings
- Spring hostel trip to Snowdonia, north Wales. Exclusive use of Lledr House Hostel, from Thursday 5th to Monday 9th May 2016, (4 nights). See News section
- Two hostel weekend trips now booked: Thurlby, Lincs in November 2015 & Sheringham, Norfolk in February 2016 – see below
There are a couple of beds in small dorms still available for the Club’s hostel trip in mid November 2015. We have booked sole occupancy of the small self-catering Thurlby YH near Bourne in Lincolnshire for the weekend Friday 13th to Sunday 15th November (2 nights). Bourne is close to several large broad-leaved woodlands with open access, which should be full of autumn colour. It is also close to Grimsthorpe Castle and beautiful Stamford, which will be the starting point for the Sunday walk. The cost is £36 for beds in dorm rooms. There is a pub in the village. ‘A’ walks guaranteed, ‘B’ walks depend on offers to lead. Bookings to Jill please
Only 7 places left for this weekend. Deposits are required before 31 October in order to secure a place.
The Peveril of the Peak Hotel is part of the HF group. A mix of twin, double and single en-suite rooms have been reserved for our 2016 Spring weekend.
Funds received by the Club from Ramblers Holidays via the ‘Walking Partnership’ scheme have paid for a new kissing gate in Coton, replacing a high stile. This means that a very pleasant path, which runs from south of the church, through the churchyard and exits onto the Grantchester Road just east of Manor Farm, is now stile-free and open to people with mobility problems. The Club liaised with the owners of the path to find the most suitable spot for the gate and arranged for its installation.
The ‘Walking Partnership’ scheme provides nominated walking groups with £10 per UK holiday, £20 per European holiday and £30 for every long-haul holiday booked with Ramblers Worldwide Holidays. Since its inception the Club has received over £1,200, which we have pledged to spend on projects which encourage more people to walk and/or which improve accessibility. To date we have:
- printed and distributed publicity leaflets ormoting the CRC
- paid for a new gate in Cottenham parish, opening up a circular walk in the village
- funded hardcore to be put down on a water-logged path in Dry Drayton
- paid for the purchase and installation of a new gate in Coton
Please keep nominating the CRC if you go on a Ramblers’ Holiday as we are putting the funds to good use!
Following the success of this year’s Lakes trip the Club has decided to return to Keswick as our base for the week Friday 9th to 16th September 2016. More information will be published on the website and in the Club newsletter in due course. However, if you are interested in sharing accommodation and want to be put in touch with other people please contact Jenny – firstname.lastname@example.org