The 2016 Autumn Programme & Newsletter are now available.
For other news items follow this link.
- Lakes week 2017 – Saturday 9th to 16th, based in Windermere. See News section
- Advance notice – a week’s walking in Wensleydale, Yorks confirmed for August 2017 – see News
- The Spring 2017 coach/hotel trip to Pickering, Yorkshire (31st March to 2nd April) is now full – please see News section for details for paying the balance due and a reserve list for cancellations.
- Spring 2017 South West Coast Path walk – Friday 2nd to Friday 9th June, based Lynton, Devon. Two places for women still available. See News section
- Update on a Travelodge weekend break in the New Forest, 10th to 12th March 2017 – see News; please book your own accommodation here
- One female place still available for a 4-night hostel trip to the Brecon Beacons, Friday 28th April to Tuesday 2nd May (BH weekend) 2017; half board included. See News
- Brancaster Staithe hostel trip 3rd to 5th February 2017 – see News; places still available
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Please pay by Standing Order
- A few places available on the Club’s sole use of Hathersage YH (early Nov 2016); see News below
The Club has booked sole occupancy of the self-catering Hathersage Youth Hostel for the weekend Friday 4th to Sunday 6th November 2016 (2 nights). This attractive village is situated towards the north of the ‘white peak’ area, close to Frogatt Edge for fabulous views as well as Ladybower Reservoir. The walking is great in all directions. Hopefully we will also be able to see some wonderful firework displays. There are very few places left so please check with Jill before booking. The cost is £40 per person for the two nights. There are many pubs in the village for evening meals. Limited places available – please check with Jill.
Please check out our ‘For Sale’ section to view some bargains! We have recently added new boots and gaiters looking for a good home – and at bargain prices.
The Club’s 2017 Lake District walking week is shifting its base to the southern lakes. We have selected the busy town of Windermere, easily accessible by train and close to such classic walks as the Kentmere Round, the Conistone hills and the Langdales. Hawkshead is also nearby, as are such places as Hilltop and Far Sawry for Beatrix Potter fans. There is a wide choice of self-catering accommodation in Windermere itself and also close by, such as in Bowness. To assist our working members, we have selected a Saturday to Saturday week. Jenny is co-ordinating the week’s activities, so please contact her if you want a room in a shared house or have accommodation available.
The Club has booked a 10 bedroom self-catering house in a wonderful position in Lynton, Devon, as our base for a week’s walking along and near the South West Coast Path – dates Friday 2nd to Friday 9th June 2017. ‘Lynhurst’ has fabulous views and offers a mix of double and twin en-suite rooms; there is one 3-bedded room, but no bunks! We plan to walk from Minehead to Woolacombe, including one or two days inland, taking advantage of some fabulous riverside paths. The Coast Path in north Devon includes the highest sections of the entire route, with sea cliffs rising to over 1,000′ at Countisbury Head and Combe Martin. So be prepared for some considerable climbs and descents. Coupled with wonderful views, this should prove a great week. We will book a private coach to take us to/from our linear walks each day and this could cost up to £75 for the week. It is possible to travel to Lynton by train (to Barnstaple) and then bus.
There are just two places for women still available – please check with Jill. The cost per person for a twin room is £140, with a deposit of £45 required to secure a booking. (The balance is due 1st March 2017). Alternatively you may want to book into a B&B; Lynhurst is next door to Sinai House B&B.