The 2016 Autumn Programme & Newsletter are now available.
For other news items follow this link.
- Advance notice – a week’s walking in Wensleydale, Yorks confirmed for August 2017 – see News
- The Spring 2017 coach/hotel trip to Pickering, Yorkshire (31st March to 2nd April) is now full – please see News section for details for paying the balance due and a reserve list for cancellations.
- Bookings are open for the Spring 2017 South West Coast Path walk – Friday 2nd to Friday 9th June, based Lynton, Devon. See News section
- The Autumn 2016 coach/hotel trip to Abingworth (14th – 16th October) is fully booked – but there is a reserve list for cancellations. See News section
- Update on a Travelodge weekend break in the New Forest, 10th to 12th March 2017 – see News; please book your own accommodation here
- Waiting list only for a 4-night hostel trip to the Brecon Beacons, Friday 28th April to Tuesday 2nd May (BH weekend) 2017; half board included. See News
- Brancaster Staithe hostel trip confirmed for 3rd to 5th February 2017 – see News; places still available
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Please pay by Standing Order
- A few places available on the Club’s sole use of Hathersage YH (early Nov); see News below
1 pair Scarpa boots size 43 never worn (blue, gortex) LITE TREK GTX – £20 ono
1 pair gaiters (to knees) – £1
1 pair gaiters just covering socks – £1
The Club has booked a large, self-catering house in Middleham, Wensleydale for the week Friday 11th to Friday 18th August 2017. School House – also called Yorkshire Dales House – is in the middle of this well-serviced village near Leyburn, with fantastic walking opportunities close by. There are 7 to 8 bedrooms (one is a mezzanine floor) with accommodation for 15 or 16. The charge is £160 per person for the week. If you would like to reserve a place – or if couples want to reserve a room – please let Jill have a deposit of £40 per head. We will be making use of cars during the week as the public transport services are not good; the nearest train station for travel to Middleham is Northallerton.
This trip is now full. Please contact Alex if you would like to go on a reserve list in case of cancellations. It would be particularly useful to know if you could take up a last-minute place.
The Club has booked the Best Western Forest and Vale hotel in Pickering, Yorkshire for our Spring Hotel weekend 2017. There are 43 places in a mix of single, double and twin en-suite rooms. See http://www.bw-forestandvalehotel.co.uk/. Due to the size of the Forest and Vale hotel, additional rooms have been booked in the nearby Crossways Hotel. http://www.thecrosswayshotel.com/. All meals will be taken with the main group at the Forest and Vale hotel. The total cost for 2 nights, dinner, B&B, packed lunches on Saturday and Sunday, coach travel and gratuities is £225 per head for a shared room and £240 for a single room. For those booked, please note that cheques should be payable to Cambridge Rambling Club; the balance is due by 27th January 2017. Car parking details will be given later. As usual we hope to offer 3 different walks each day, including Friday afternoon – please let Alex know if you would be willing to lead a walk. Leaders are particularly needed for B and C walks.
Pickering is a small town on the edge of the North York Moors with excellent walking and the added attraction of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. See http://welcometopickering.co.uk/
The Club has booked sole occupancy of the self-catering Hathersage Youth Hostel for the weekend Friday 4th to Sunday 6th November 2016 (2 nights). This attractive village is situated towards the north of the ‘white peak’ area, close to Frogatt Edge for fabulous views as well as Ladybower Reservoir. The walking is great in all directions. Hopefully we will also be able to see some wonderful firework displays. There are very few places left so please check with Jill before booking. The cost is £40 per person for the two nights. There are many pubs in the village for evening meals.