At FIND we’ve created a new website which we think will be of interest to members of your walking club.
http://free.findmaps.co.uk/ offers totally free access to a range of constantly updated maps from reputable sources. The handy toolkit allows users to draw on the maps and to insert text. It also enables users to instantly measure distances/areas and to style, colour and print finished maps or save them as PDFs to share online. What makes our new site stand out from the crowd?
- It’s very easy to use
- Creates full screen A4 documents for printing
- Requires no login or registration
- Offers more extensive annotation tools and symbols than those offered on other sites
- Contains environmental, conservation and building heritage map layers
- Provides a choice of maps (Google, Ordnance Survey, Open Street Map) plus Aerial Photography
- It’s all completely free of charge
While the site is ideal for planning walks and for learning more about an area, it can also be used to draw site plans, plot sightings and information, illustrate homework assignments and presentations, to create maps to send with invitations and much more..
The ‘Your Google Map’ feature is unique to the site and is great fun to use.
A lot of work has gone into creating www.findfreemaps.co.uk and we’re keen to let people know about it. We should therefore be grateful if you would help to spread the word by forwarding this email to fellow walkers, family and friends. You might also mention the site in lists of useful resources, email updates, newsletters and blogs, or via Twitter, Facebook etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and welcome your feedback.
With thanks and kind regards
33 Throgmorton Street, London EC2N 2BR
E email@example.com T 020 7156 5184