Starting at 10am, this is a circular walk of about 4.5 – 5 miles from Langley Village Hall, CB11 4RY (directions for without a sat-nav given below). It is in a pretty, rural area, of fields and woods. Paths are generally good and there is just a small amount of road walking. The walk includes the unnoteworthy highest point in Essex, while the highest point in Cambridgeshire is visible at one point in the walk! Don’t worry about steep mountain slopes, though; the going is pretty level all the way round and it won’t be muddy.
Please note these additional requirements:
In line with the requirements for group walks of more than six people, as approved by the Ramblers (the national body for walking), everyone coming on the walk must provide the leader with their contact details. This walk is limited to 12 walkers in total and can be led in two groups of 6. Please phone or text me on 01223 890194 or mobile 07954402337 if you wish to join the walk, giving your name and contact phone or mobile number for Covid-19 ‘Test and Trace’ purposes. Your details will be held for 21 days and then deleted. If any change prior to the walk, please phone me.
No one should come on the walk if they feel even slightly ill. Please make sure that you bring with you a face covering, hand sanitiser and any walking poles you need; no equipment or refreshments can be shared beyond households. In line with government guidance, members are asked to observe ‘social distancing’ on the walk. More details related to taking part in and leading Club walks in a Covid-19 environment are posted on the CRC website, under ‘Members’. Please have another look at these before you come on the walk.
Directions to Langley from Cambridge without a sat-nav:
– Take the M11 south to the Duxford turn off; Turn right onto the A505 towards Royston.
– After the pet crematorium, turn left towards Chrishall and Chrishall Grange.
– Carry on through Chrishall Grange, then head for Chrishall.
– Drive straight through Chrishall and on to a T junction. Turn left onto the B1039.
– Take the first right towards Duddenhoe End. Drive straight through Pond Street and Duddenhoe End, then down into Langley Upper Green.
– Almost as soon as you enter the village, the large village green is in front of you. The village hall is immediately on your right. It is back-to-back with the cricket pavillion.
– There is a small car park in front of the Village Hall which the verger of the church suggests we use! Otherwise, park somewhere around the green.
– We’ll meet at 10.00am by the Village Hall.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)