For more details on all news items follow this link.
The 2019 winter Programme and Newsletter are now available.
- COACH AND HOTEL WEEKEND 5-7 April 2019 – Buxton, Derbyshire
4 places still available in shared rooms. See News for booking details
- A week’s walking on the South West coast path in June 2019, based self-catering properties in Bude. All Club places have been taken, but you can book independently. See News for update on coach hire costs.
- 15th – 17th March 2019 budget weekend trip to Medway YHA, Rochester, Kent (sole occupancy, 2 nights). Lots of places still available in small shared rooms. See NEWS
- One female share place unexpectedly available on a long weekend’s walking in Bala, north Wales, Friday 3rd to Monday 6th May 2019 (Bank Holiday); . See News
- Cheltenham base selected for budget weekend trip to the Cotswolds, Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd November 2019 – see News for booking options
- Some editing carried out to tidy up our Club website – see News
- Parking charge of £3.00 introduced at Magog Down car park – see News
- Mountain Warehouse store retains discount – see New
- Listen again to Club members Jenny and Alan talk about walking on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Great Outdoors programme on Sunday 29th July. See News for the link.
- Summer 2019 – a week’s walking based in self-catering accommodation in Whitby, North Yorkshire, Friday 9th to Friday 16th August. Now full – see News for booking options
- The CRC annual subscription of £4.00 is due 1st November each year; no sub – no programme or newsletter! Payment by Standing Order preferred
The Club has booked three self-catering properties in Bude, on the north Cornish coast, for a week in June 2019. The intention is to walk between Westward Ho! and Tintagel along the South West coast path, However, to make this manageable, we have hired a private coach for the week[ the charge per person is £35 which is payable by 1st May. The accommodation is in Foreshore, with 9 bedrooms, Salty’s, with 4, (see Elite West website for details of both) as well as Upper Deck, also 4 bedrooms (see Syke’s Cottages). The cost for the week’s stay is £150. All places in the Club’s properties have now been booked, but you are welcome to be placed on a reserve list. For those who have paid a deposit of £30, please note that the balance of £120 is due by 1st April 2019. All accommodation is within walking distance of shops etc in Bude. It is possible to travel to Bude by public transport – train to Exeter and then a bus. Payments are to Jill – either cheque or bank transfer (details available from Jill). Please let Jill know if you book independent accommodation and want to use our private coach for walks.
The Club will be walking in and close to Bala in north Wales, for the first May Bank Holiday in 2019 (3 nights, Friday 3rd May to leave on Monday 6th). It has booked Ty Sinamon, a large self-catering property just minutes walk from the centre of the town – and one female share place has become available. (There is a mixture of twin and 3 bedded rooms, with some en-suite; all bedding and towels are included). The cost is £90 per person, with a £20 deposit to secure a place. The balance is due on 1st March 2019. There are lots of opportunities for walks in the area, ranging from Lake Bala to the Berwyns and, slightly further away, the Arans and Arenigs. Please let Jill know if you want to take up the vacancy – and also if you book accommodation in Bala independently.
There are still 5 places available on this trip – 1 single and 2 shared rooms. The Club is staying at the Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel, Buxton, Derbyshire, for our Spring Hotel weekend 2019. There are 45 places in a mix of single, double and twin en-suite rooms. Note: only 2 single rooms are still available.
Full details are in the 2019 Winter/Spring Newsletter. The total cost for 2 nights, dinner, B&B, simple packed lunches on Saturday and Sunday, coach travel and gratuities is £220 per head for a shared room and £250 for a single room. To reserve your place, please send a non-refundable deposit of £75 per person to Alex Andrews, (address on your current Programme). Cheques are payable to Cambridge Rambling Club, the balance to be paid by 1st March 2019. Car parking details will be given later. Please include your address, email and telephone details with your deposit and any dietary requirements.